The summer months are always full of pleasant emotions, and most people choose to rest during the hottest season of the year. That is why in the summer it is completely understandable to lose some of your concentration, dreaming of cocktails, beach, and sea.
If your vacation is yet to come, it is probably difficult for you to focus on your work, because your mind is circulating mainly around future relaxing moments. Here are some tips to help you stay motivated and focused in the workplace during the summer months. Find out how to stay motivated in the summer.
Take sunny breaks
Spending all day in the office on a beautiful summer day is reason enough for most people to be distracted. You just flow into dreams of rest, but … you open your eyes and find yourself still in the office, at work, in front of the “friendly” flashing monitor. And you understand the sad truth: still, until it’s time for vacation, you’ll have to work. To keep your motivation level, it’s best to take short sun breaks.
Dream. Determine exactly what you want to receive for the work done. If, while hanging out exhausted at work, you think of the bag you liked in a shop window, the work will start. And if you continue so inefficiently for a long time, it can affect your pay. Psychologists say: if you have chosen a goal, go for it. However, the result of the work justifies all the moral and physical strain.
Think. According to psychologists, the best way is to relax and then – in this comfortable state for the body – to think carefully about how to motivate and optimize our work. Drink something cooling, close your eyes, and find the pitfalls that prevent you from doing your job quickly and efficiently. Maybe the room is very stuffy, the body just does not cope and signals? Talk to your boss – it is quite possible that he has already considered installing an air conditioner, but simply did not have time. This will create comfort for you, and your colleagues will thank you.
Distribute. If there are stacks of documents on your desk, you need to enter a line. Take time and stack the documents (according to urgency). In this way, you will set yourself up not to deal with loads of work, but to take on the responsibilities “in portions”, which are easier to absorb. To work with pleasure, we need motivation. It is precisely that valuable skill to do something for a long time without the need for external stimuli and control. It is not bad to look for your personal “motivation motor” that will make you always manage to cope.
Don’t forget about hydration
Water consumption is important throughout the year, and in the summer – mandatory. By drinking a lot of water, your body gets rid of toxins and thus you have more energy in the workplace. Therefore, to be sufficiently motivated to work in the summer – do not forget hydration.
Make a daily plan
The biggest obstacle to working in the summer is the distraction. For this reason, it is important to make a plan with the tasks for each specific day. Mark the priorities that need to be done at all costs and then the ones that are less important. It is easier to be motivated if you have a time frame to do a certain job.
Everyone is a “victim” of several basic distractions, which can be checking email, digging in social networks, or a long morning coffee in the company of colleagues. To be motivated enough in the summer (and not only) at work, just stop all these activities (or at least reduce the time you spend with them).
The clothes you wear can determine how you feel. Try to stick to the dress code of your company, because too casual clothing will make you think that you are already at sea. In summer, bet on looser clothes, with lighter colors and suitable light fabrics.
7 ways to deal with luck of enthusiasm for work
- Start your workday with something easy that you can do in a few minutes. This will make it easier for you to tune in to the “work wave” and prepare you for the more important and serious tasks during the day.
- Once an hour or two, organize some 3-4-minute exercise to stay in shape.
- During the summer, most of your colleagues are on vacation, which means that this is the best time to grow in your career – you can improve your skills or become an employee of the month.
- Do a different job every day – this way you will avoid the routine. Look for new approaches, creative ideas – think globally!
- Read a book about the success of a famous (or not so famous) person or watch a motivational movie (it is best to do it while you are at home).
- Get used to making small victories every day to lift your spirits.
- Instead of envying those who are currently on vacation, indulge in daily relaxation after work. Go to the movies or a massage, a walk in the park, a meeting with a friend … or buy a new outfit.